Tuesday, May 01, 2007

May Confession


PICT0108, originally uploaded by babajiwotan.

Well, that's it for Winnipeg, Im off to the bush for planting season tommorrow.

lament:
I feel a bit blue. Winter was kind of a bummer. And this last of fall was a bit
anti-climactic. Or is fall always this way? Only to lead into the explosion of the summer?
Whatever it is, Im glad to be going back to work. Back to the cold hard ground,
back to lifting and breathing. Away from the endless living and dreaming in either
the past or the present. The self-promotion, the vanity, the chasing of butterflies.
the unreality. The losing, the loss. The over-indulgence. The self-pity, the inaction.
the wasting of time, the endless searching and never finding. Away from The stubborness,
the forgetfullness, the self-loathing lows and unsteady all-too short highs. Away from The computer,
and the basement. Away from the tower. Away from broken hearts.

Towards the sun, towards the burning bush, the early morning, the hunger that is satisfied,
the thirst that is quenched, towards satisfaction, towards fulfillment, towards love
towards love. Towards laughing children, towards the fire because Im cold.
towards the light in my eyes and the eyes of others who I am pleasing
with a joke and with goodwill. Towards wholesomeness. towards the place
that I once was happy and towards the place that I am happy again now.
towards my friends and family and lover who have missed me after a long absence.
and towards who I miss.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, shucks. I miss you too Andrew =P

This is one writing I heartily agree with. It is good to hear you say so. I also want to move on to better things, although where I 'm at is pretty good, minus the lack of painting. Maybe I am too tired or too content, I'm not sure, but I keep saying I'll do it tomorrow, then never do. This Friday I'm going under the knife, and am going to use the experience as a rebirth, much like you describe. The new me has a more regular swimming routine, paints more, is a non-smoker (though I have been for sometime), is more aware of the blessing and treats it with greater reverence than even before. The new me eats healthier food, sleeps less, and doesn't sweat the small stuff. The new me is more organized, more attentive, more focused, and the new me has no stinking tonsils! (and maybe a new dye-job, just for kicks).

I also miss everybody, and eagerly await the time when I can join the Canadian team once again, debt free and better for the experience.

Maybe I'll do a Toronto residnecy on my way back home. Any takers ? Meet at Carlos's in February?

Quitmoanez said...

All are welcome!

Quitmoanez said...

And good luck Andrew, hope you have a vision or two!

Lorne Roberts said...

heh. see you in Feb.

and SmokyTigre-- carry the torch for Krahn and I, who will be there in spirit. change yr socks and undies often, clean yr cuts so they don't get infected, and don't follow the Michael Fischer framework for tree running. Go w/ joy!

XP said...

Very well put. Here's to spring, rebirth, summer and excellence. I'll probably see you all in August. I hope everyone has equally fulfilling summers!

Anonymous said...

Hey wait a second, fall doesn't lead into summer, maybe you mean spring?

Anonymous said...

weird dave you're right.

i guess i meant the fall of winter.

or maybe the fall of me

Anonymous said...

Well the best part of falling, is getting back up.

Jen said...

I'd say the best part of falling is the fall. the worst part being the landing and the hardest part is getting back up. But then again I've only ever broken my heart and never a bone.

Good luck Andrew. We'll still be down at the club when you get back and need a cold, cold pint. or bottle sorry.

renamaphone said...

These are good words.