Friday, April 18, 2008

Death is but a Door (rally call)


self, originally uploaded by babajiwotan.

Maybe Im in some confused daze or something but I'm really not understanding how I got to this funeral and who died.

I look out the window and it's freaking bigtime spring and it's a super hot day and had a great party show with all the peeps in the place again and it's all good. Isn't it? What am I missing?

Nobody's going away. Nothings over.

The egg is only just hatching.
What reason for lament?
Shape up. Stretch yourself out a bit.

Freaking stay strong for heaven's sake. Why the glum faces?

Maybe I am in some nutmeg daze or something and there's some hidden thing that I don't understand.

I just can't get myself into a sappy sort of melancholic slump of a mind frame when I know that such crazy shizzle is coming over the next few months and that the spinning wheel of karma and wondr will keep spinning us around and around in neverending glorious cycles of insanity and art and poetry and love all the way from alfa to omega and the ravings of a lunatic!

Perhaps Burton said it best:

‘Cause it’s the new Mother Nature taking over
It’s the new Splendid lady come to call
It’s the new Mother Nature taking over
She’s gettin’ us all
She’s gettin’ us all.

Do you also need to be reminded by king Louis:

“My people will sleep for one hundred years when they awake, it will be the artists who give them their spirit back.”

enjoy enjoy

fun

smiles

kittens

flowers

8 comments:

Lorne Roberts said...

i feel sad b/c lots of my great friends had a great party in a great palce and i wasn't able to attend.

i feel sad too b/c the label, where i've had years of great times, is now changing in a way that i will likely no longer be part of it.

if i wasn't sad about those things, i wouldn't be human.

do i need to remind you of what king solomon said: "for everything a time and a season. a time to mourn, and a time to laugh. a time to weep, and a time to celebrate."

for me, this is, on some level, a time to mourn.

and that's okay.

for you, this is a time to celebrate.

and that's okay too.

i won't tell you not to celebrate.
neither should you tell me not to mourn.

they are both right and just in their time and place, and for the people who are living in them.

much love and respect to all.

please don't hear anger or judgement in this, either, merely a counterpoint to tyger's yea-saying joy, which i love and appreciate.

Anonymous said...

For me, it's a time to mourn and a time to be celebratory.

It all ends, but it all returns anew.

Life is Sisyphus through and through.

Anonymous said...

"changing in a way that I will no longer be a part of it"

?
?

Anonymous said...

darn it, I had a long winded comment that disappeared.

to Andrew's point, the Label closing will be the best thing and the worst thing that ever happened to Daniel Saidman. Mourn and be happy.

It's like one of those funerals in Louisiana where the music is all trumpets and yeehaws on the way out. From death comes life.

D. Sky Onosson said...

Sorry I wasn't at the last night...

I'm enjoying this spring waaaaayyy too much, I think I have a sunburn already (I've been outdoors almost 8 hours each day this week).

I think I need to plan my next trip to the Caribbean sometime soon... Mexico, Trinidad, St. Vincent, Cuba... where to now? Maybe Vincy again makes the most sense, plus I had the best time there.

scribe said...

here's fotos from last night ~

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=48267&l=19467&id=699316717

TheBlueMask said...

It was a "bittersweet/keep the beat" evening for me. I'm probably most upset because I'm an art orphan now lol! I guess I'll have to start art busking outside of the Plug - In.

Oh yeah.....
"World of Wheels" kicks out the jams! It's currently in heavy rotation on JWcarFM

cara said...

great music that night, and funny I had that same bible verse in my head all night.

for everything there is a season...