Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Fantasies and Realities

On the occasion
of an emotional trauma
and opportunity;
It was Friday
in Montreal
and I was adoring.

They made me giggle,
They made me want;
and I do not like
desiring
in principle.

I am too old
for the second decade
I thought, haven't felt that
in a long time.

I did not want to wrap myself up;
Smiling is one thing,
but to lose living essence
because of an urging need
was somehow yucky to me.

I would rather get to bed
at an hour
free of indelicacy
and run up Mont Royal
until I puke
(which I did).

But that night I had a dream;
A dream about a large Amazonian
who I was turned off
by size.
But as she walked to the door
of an East Kildonan patio
she somehow became smaller
and I loved her for it.
The grinding of bodies before
we went inside didn't hurt either.
I don't understand it.

Crazier than that:
it was a church, maybe a wedding,
I was unsure
(Sometimes omittance is strategic).
So why were all the friends
of past lovers there to greet me?

As I walked down
towards the alter there she was,
a lost friend playing the piano
her dark lanuga
enhanced skin smiling at me,
even though she wasn't.

I was excited
to bring you a present,
but you walked right by us,
now in a black nylon skirt
that one would find
at Walmart.
No smile, no smile,
walked right by us in a black bra,
no anger, a small resentment,
just walked right by us.

And then I awoke,
feeling confused,
thinking that I somehow
fell in love over the course
of a dream.
Really, it felt like that.

Bringing myself to understand
that it was only a dream,
I laughed, but no joy emanated,
just a sense of unrequitedness.

Since then,
I have been filled
with a pathetic sorrow;
a longing for someone
I don't even really know.
Someone hidden to the world,
emotions held tight,
to never melt in me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. This is a break through. More writing like this please, good doctor. Maybe I was suckered in by knowing some of the story, but this lacks the 'clinical' forum that we discussed. This is emotional shit dog. And it's more real, if that's possible. It's more real to me, anyways, it's about the real, from the only place we can really speak, the heart.

D.Macri said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
D.Macri said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
D.Macri said...

Sorry about the deleted comments, this emotionally powerfull poem evoked more than I was meaning to share.

I know, I'm in trouble now aren't I?

"Don't Delete!"

CaptainGoldStar said...

Ya dude, no deletion. remember thats what socrates funnel said. Let it stand

Anonymous said...

Booooooooooh, booooooooh!

D.Macri said...

Ahhh, you guys! Ok no more deleting!