Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Anthology?


This is the #1 match when you search Google for "Don Maximo" under images!

On another note: Has anybody ever thought of meticulously searching the ALFA archives for poetry, etc and compiling an anthology? I was perusing the dense back-logs today in search of my own writings for a university anthology and it occurred to me that this could be a cool thing for ALFAites to do. You could even print and publish it. Ha! Now that I think of it, a hardcopy ALFAZINE would be awesome to work in conjunction with the gallery. Hoo, I'm getting ahead of myself I think - I don't even live in Winnipeg anymore. Any thoughts on this though?

12 comments:

Quitmoanez said...

We do have plans for a Label Gallery book, and Dan is planning to apply for funding in that regard.

There has also been talk of an ALfA book as well.

Considering we have more than enough material, maybe we need to get our heads around this sooner than later.

We are superSpecial people, and anyone that I have sent to this site is always fulfilled in some regard.

Let's make this happen!

cara said...

Sounds good.

Count me in.

TheBlueMask said...

Dibs on the cover! lol! but seriously..
(stamp it stamp it)!

D. Sky Onosson said...

Cool...

Lorne Roberts said...

okay... well... who's going to do phase one-- going through the blog and pulling off every piece of writing (as long as everyone agrees, of course, who has writing up here)?

who? who? let's get goin'!

D. Sky Onosson said...

If there's anything I could do to be of assistance, I'd be happy to. Somewhere in my hectic schedule!!

Seriously, though, I do know some people in publishing... most of it academic, but my grandfather has actually had several books of poetry published, so that might be somewhere to start.

Probably others have more to offer than me, but it sounds interesting!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like an offer to me!

And it sounds like we need an ALfA organising/editing champion, and yes, you guessed it, I am nominating Roberts due to his impressive abilities to take what is otherwise my quesitonable work, and turning it into something I can even stomach.

:)

Lorne Roberts said...

if that nomination comes along with a generous cash prize, then i accept. :)

cara said...

Do it.

XP said...

Do you accept chocolate gold coins? :P

Seriously though...I'm in on whatever level is possible from Montreal.

CaptainGoldStar said...

didn't the label hire two grunts from the university in order to accomplish this task? Or did I dream that?

D.Macri said...

Anthology Smanthology, We should make an epic illustrated novel/concept album/video