Monday, November 06, 2006

Into the Muddy Waters

Like a stone skipping steady
Like a poem written already
Like the calm before the storm
Like the heat that cools to warmth

Like a grain of timeworn sand
Falling helpless from your hand
Into the desert...
I will not rest alone

Like a lonely midnight owl
On the wing and on the prowl
Searching ever, feelings severed
Feeling haggard and weathered

I will climb the upward winds
I will love the hated sins
I'll follow sons and daughters
Into the muddy waters

And be free...

7 comments:

D. Sky Onosson said...

I seem to be hogging all the posts, but I'm on the road and have three days off in a hotel room...

TheBlueMask said...

that`s what we`re here for.

I like this one a lot.

Quitmoanez said...

Me too.

I was skeptical at first, but it works.

Wicked.

mzujaqan = that's what we're here for

Lorne Roberts said...

yeah-- keep on postin'. i find it interesting how the blog goes in cycles, w/ diff people and groups taking turns posting at diff times.

cara said...

I found this really soothing.
The beat and the rythmn of this just really works.

Thanks for posting it

Sesen said...

Hi, I really enjoy your poem. Would you like to exchange link with me? I am sure my readers will find your blog very interesting

let me know

cheers

D. Sky Onosson said...

Thanks, all. It's more of a song than a poem, hence the rhythmicity (that's the only way I really know how to write). It's got all my cheesy hallmarks: repetition, antonyms, timeless cliches and vague imagery! But that's ok...someone once said that a songwriter just writes one song in their life - they just keep writing it over and over until they get it right.