Saturday, June 21, 2008

Random quick hellos...


I am posting this from the deep bush. You see Lake Nipigon here? We are an hour and a half drive northeast. I'm sending this from my boss's trailer, as I'm injured (poor old back) and am doing paperwork all day.

Thoughts: Everyone should read Atwood's "Journals of Susannah Moodie". It perfectly captures the love/hate/reverence/fear thing we have going with the bush. I love it here, yet sometimes feel like it's going to eat me alive. (Spend two weeks in the rain, as we've done, followed by three days w/ black flies, and you'll get where I'm coming from).

Music: Chris Rea "Waiting for the Summer" and Hot Chip "Boy From School".

There are lots of beautiful (in that shallow, physical way) people out here, and lots of 'em like to get naked on party nights. I have pics to prove it. When I get home and beef up my Mac, a video will follow, illustrating the ins and outs (no pun intended) of life out here.

Trees planted by our camp: 2.6 million. 400,000 to go and we're done. And then maybe most of us will just move somewhere else and keep working.

Read over the last few weeks of posts earlier. Great stuff. Mind/matter, etc. Perhaps we've failed in trying to impose a rigorous dualism on everything, when in fact it might all be multi-ist, or mono-ist. When you guys start debating this stuff in Latin, then I'll be REALLY impressed.

xoxo. Wolfboy. (p.s. Josey sends love).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sugerplum fairy sugerplum fairy

Anonymous said...

Josey is with you? Is he in the nude videos?!

greg oakes said...

that was a good read.

word verification: vakswkxo

Anonymous said...

Miss you guys too.

Hey, I was just watching a video on CBC of Atwood where she talks about her drawings.