Friday, August 19, 2005

a new(ish) poem from the plischk

newly wed

my wedding ring is
too big I wonder
what the exact angle and speed
is that my hand
would have to fling

in order for it to slip off

like in physics
all the empty space
between electrons and nucleus
if you bounced a ball
against a wall
and all the atoms lined
up just right the ball
would pass right through

what color would the ball be

or perhaps I will forget
to take it off
one day when I go swimming
the water will act as a lubricant
it will just slip right off

Perhaps I’m keeping it big
to show what a little girl
I am
not a round curvy woman
but thin and melting,
a being ebbing down to fit
within the circle of the ring

I spin it around
on my finger looking
through the gap between
the arc of gold and my finger

I push it into the flesh
to see how high above
my finger it can rise
I’m not sure what the space
that I am creating is
supposed to measure

2 comments:

Quitmoanez said...

Holy Plischke.

Good stuff.

J C said...

Hey don't say the Name of the Sacred Vessel in vain.