Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Untitled

One time I fought love for seven years! –
and that was a beating, but I came out alright.
After that one
I thought it’d never be the same.
Like I had vanquished some rabid animal
with seven heads
that grew back seven times each,
and that was the fight of my life – over.
But, it turned out that the REAL love
is a seven headed animal that never gives up –
no matter how many times you kill it!
Until finally,
you have no choice
but to sleep with that beast,
to mate with it
and make it your own.
So you keep killing it,
and loving it,
over and over again
and only getting deeper inside
until you’re right where you always wanted to be.

2 comments:

XP said...

Yea, this was my least favorite as well. But, I figured I was due for a post-a-thon and these were all from my most recent (truthfully, the only work I've done in a while). But I agree, editing is a tough but necessary step...TO THE DRAWING BOARD!!!

_Q_ said...

I know where your obsession with seven comes from dude!