Tuesday, September 27, 2005

A Vision

I.

In the year King Dubya
Was re-acclaimed

I saw the Lord:

He was high
And lifted up

And his glory filled the temple.



II.
The late summer darkness
outside an abandoned
Catholic Church,
prairie landscape emptiness
endless in all directions,

Aurora Borealis
above
Greening the sky

Greeting me eye
Irie

And lo, the veil of our blindness
shimmered, then,
Heavily before me
Deeper than the night
darker than the forever blackness of the trees.

And I understood whole worlds
on the other side

And the trees breathed then,
sighed with understanding

and looked at me,

And I grew cold,
and said
‘not yet…not yet.’


III.
And then later,
Lying on our backs
staring up at the sky,
I touched your lips
With a hot orange coal,
That glowed in the darkness
In the tent of Josey the prophet.

and we thought then of hands,

that hold the glowing coal
that touches the lips

The lips that speak the words

The words
that make us whole.


IV.
And the veil was pulled back then,
The whole sky shimmered,
Fervent Jehovah himself,
Descending on us,

And outside the church
The winds sang, angelic with joy:

Crying:
Though I understand all mysteries


And have not love

I
Am
Nothing.

3 comments:

J C said...

Epic!

It's like an apostle recounting an epiphany. Very prairie, or canadian for the matter. And soaked in spirituality.

What more can I say?

MORE! MORE! MORE!
ENCORE! ENCORE! ENCORE!

Quitmoanez said...

Not shit!

I am nothing other than seriously impressed!

More, we want more!

:)

I have not love, dude, too much, too jah, too is and be!

Quitmoanez said...

I also like how the last line gives it a sense of returning to the beginning, as the 'I' is all alone, and you're initially confused as to whether it is another titular roman numeral.

Cool.