Friday, August 29, 2008

See you soon, Alan.






















This handsome dude you see here is Alan, a tree planting pal of three of us bloggers (myself, Krahn, and Capt Goldstar). As of two days ago, sadly, he is no longer among the living.

Al, who was following his dad's footsteps in becoming a maker of custom acoustic guitars, was kind-hearted, generous, and treated everybody around him with respect. And those glowing eulogies you always hear never quite do justice to a life, I feel, so I'll just say that, from what I knew of him in our brief friendship, Alan was a good man. Period.

Interestingly, (and perhaps a bit symbolically, I thought) when I got the facebook msg informing me that he had died in an accident, I was in the middle of setting the time, on a little clock that he had given me to use in my tent this spring.

So long, Al. See you soon.

8 comments:

D.Macri said...

My condolences.

cara said...

how sad and tragic.

TheBlueMask said...

I just lost a good friend myself. I've been cloudy all week. One must believe people leave us for a reason. Hopefully, we find out later.

Quitmoanez said...

I don't think we find out, so live every moment with as much passion as you can.

Quitmoanez said...

And I'm sorry for your loss treeplanters. We love you lots.

Quitmoanez said...

And you too Bluemask, you were included as a planter.

Lorne Roberts said...

thanks all.

and sorry for your loss, blue.

cara said...

sorry to hear that Bluemask.