Monday, June 11, 2007

Townes van Zandt

image from: www.theselector.org/selections/SaraNH/townes%26seymour.jpg


"The Highway Kind" by Townes van Zandt

Now, I don't know too much for truth
but my heart knows how to pound
my legs know how to love someone
my voice knows how to sound...
It's a shame that it's not enough
It's a shame that it is a shame
Follow the circle down
and where would you be?

Now you're the only one I want
I've never heard your name
Let's hope we meet some day
If we don't it's all the same

I'll meet the ones between us
and be thinking about you,
and all the places I have been,
and why you were not there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh.

J C said...

This dude is amazing.

TheBlueMask said...

ok, I have to come clean.
I haven`t heard any of his stuff. Just one of those guys who slipped thru the cracks of my collection.

Lorne Roberts said...

oh-- you gotta get 'im.

Lyle Lovett also has a great double CD (step inside this house) featuring a whole bunch of towne's regular musicians and a whole bunch of his songs.

Lorne Roberts said...

check out Townes in the documentary:

Be Here to Love Me.


Josey, Ren and I watched it the other night and it's amazing.