Monday, May 05, 2008

i recieved this letter in my email box

Stan,
Your blog A L f A caught our attention. I'm the founder of a recently launched startup for bloggers. We are searching the internet for the world's blogs by geography, and we found yours for Winnipeg. I would like to invite you to our site which plots the content of the internet on an interactive map of the world. VerveEarth is an entirely new way to surf the net. It shows spatial and geographic connections that a blog search engine could never reveal.
The site is www.VerveEarth.com. Once on board, you can easily claim your blog a place in the VerveEarth world. The site is free to use and a way to drive new traffic to your blog. If our vision resonates with you, please give us a mention or add our widget to your blog. Please see our FAQ for any questions, and we welcome your feedback. The VerveEarth team will make a timely reply.
www.VerveEarth.com
Kind Regards,
Clayton
CEO VerveEarth.comEmail clayton@verveearth.com,

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if anyone else got the invite...I checked out the site, it looks intersting but has no one else from Canada which makes me wary of it.

I don't suppose it would do any harm in signing up if you're signing up the group, but it might help if someone read all the fine print (not it)

do we need anymore traffic! our numbers are huuuuuuuge, and it looks like their numbers aren't, so I guess we'd be helping them out. hehe

so I vote no.

Lorne Roberts said...

me too. how this would actually benefit the blog isn't quite clear to me. we already seem to get a fair amount of hits from google searches, right?

anyway, hits or whatever isn't really so much what this blog is about, i feel.

and since this blog is a group/collaborative thing, i think everyone should have a say in any decisions of this kind, no?

Anonymous said...

I guess the bigger issue is that this blog isn't about place.(toronto, winnipeg, montreal and beyond!)

Anonymous said...

And that it belongs to no one and everyone.

Word verification: mtbxoyfn

XP said...

That letter sounds kind of sketchy to me. Just my 2 cents.

Anonymous said...

i vote non

Anonymous said...

i vote non

Anonymous said...

I signed up my own blog but I don't think it works for this one.

D. Sky Onosson said...

I think that site would work better for the more traditional personal kind of blog, we have some kind of weird hybrid blog going here...