Friday, May 23, 2008

Village de Valeur/voleur; on the road/sur la route

So, yesterday I went to value village and bought:

--one pair boots, rubber
--one science magazine, French
--one novel, French (la peste, par camus)
--one turtleneck, white
--one pair gloves, camoflogue
--one sun hat, dorky

And why, you may ask? (ask here).

Because I am going back to the bush for a while to plant trees.

This is post #3679. I may possibly plant that many trees in a day, but it's more likely that i'll plant it in 2 days. Or 3.

Josey doesn't know it yet, but I may crash in his tent for a few days.

I told my boss at the dishwashing job that I had to go away for two weeks and they fired me. Yes, that's right. They fired me. From dishwashing.

However/and/also, I'm now the visual art writer for the Mtl Mirror-- for the summer, at least, until their regular person returns.


Officially, I would say, this marks the end of Chapter 1 of my Montreal odyssey. Pictures to follow.

(p.s. Peg-town, May 31 to June 3-- brekkie, where and when?)

6 comments:

Quitmoanez said...

They fired you!?

Losers.

Anonymous said...

Weren't you fired from the Label for your bad dishwashing? hahahahha

Treeplanting!

Anonymous said...

I feel ya man. I've only been in Winnipeg for 3 months and I've burned through like 5 jobs so far, haha. See you in 8 days!

cara said...

that's ridiculous. I've seen your dishwashing skill, you are impecable.
:)

we should do breakie at the black sheep. (james hasn't been there yet).

Anonymous said...

There will always be dishes that need washing.

A white turtleneck is an interesting choice, i wonder what other colors it will acquire when you're done there. You shouldn't wash it at all. It could be an art experiment.

Good luck, i wish you all the riches in the world. Take care of your back.

XP said...

Writing for the Mirror? That's a hawt (h-a-w-t!) gig!

I heard you were back in the bush from Tony just yesterday. Sounds like WPG is representing at treeplanting this year! Will you be returning for the Folk Festival?

Good luck in the wilds of Ontario. Hopefully I'll see you in July.

PS: Wolves are at home in the wild.