Friday, July 22, 2005

Gumi


PICT0016, originally uploaded by The Stranger.

Hello friends.
Well, this new little forked-tail feline has magically entered my theatre and now everything is the same only different. Her most terrible and savage adorable cuteness has robbed me of my hyper-degenerate macro-subversive warcry like some lost Odyseus under the spell of Circe the witch-godess.

So be it. I am silent, intoxicated, numb, and content.

Meanwhile our rock continues to revolve. I dont know what to make of the continuing violent strangeness in foggy London. Two sets of co-ordinated bombings two weeks apart. Disinformation on all fronts. Today eyewitnesses report that in the London underground police chased down a mysterious man in black, forcing him to the ground and pumping him with five bullets.

Amazing blazing visions of darkness and light from another land. Why don t we sing this song all together. Open our head and the pictures come.

I am on hiatus for two weeks. Good luck.

Congratulations.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Horray!!! welcome to the wonderful world of cat worship!

el-blizz

D.Macri said...

I thought it was "GOMI"

CaptainGoldStar said...

Ive always been a cat worshipper. I was raised by a Siamese.

The name Smoky-Tiger derives from the two major cat role models from my childhood. Tiger was almost identical to this new one, striped gray. Not a nice or gentle cat, it used to chase me around when I was a baby in diapers and knock me to the ground not playing but actually trying to kill me by attacking my throat and inflicting terrible raking kicks with back legs, claws extended. Savage and efficient mouser and street brawler.

Smoky was more affectionate but equally ferocious. An enormous thick coated black demon with whisps of pure white hence the name. Out in the country smoky would go wild and my father and I would have to enter the forest to search for him even in the dead of winter. Often we d find him in an almost feral state, emerging from a den full of rabbit bones. But unlike Tiger, giant Smoky had an equally soft and gentle side, patiently nurturing and playing with tiny kittens without getting angry.

I combined the memory of these two cherished beasts and used the conjuction as my spirit animal and pseudonym

D.Macri said...

Fantastic! What a treat to hear the origin of such a colourful name.

I had a vicious cat too. I named it Jesse James. It killed everything. We had fruit trees in our back yard at the time that were the envy of all our neighbours. We had one nieghbour who was a bird nut. Jesse figured out how to raid the cat proof bird houses and that was it. He was assasinated. Our fruit trees never bared fruit again. (and I swear the insect populations grew). Truth is
I had lots of pets : snakes, dogs, cats, birds, newts, bat, turtles, insects, mice, frogs and of course salamanders (who may be going up for adoption soon).