Sunday, July 24, 2005

Incredibly Wonderful Visit!

Wow. Just got back home to Montreal from a month long visit to my prairie birthplace. Manitoba is an incredible place, full of wonders and amazing people.

Need details? Of course you do! The Art City parade was a delight, the past, present and future was the theme, and the 15foot tall taradactyl with a golden wingspan of about 4 metres stole the show. Pancoe's got some digitals.

The Rockdoras @ the Label, the D-Rangers @ the Times, a little Nolan @ the Bella, a little Mingling, what more can a man ask for? A little too early to really say, but I asked for it and voila!

Checked out some art too! Bill Pura 'banal' ing it up at the site. If you haven't seen it go, Mr.Roberts that steak of his is delicous. I didn't realize he showed his photography, but I imagine that's where he gets his imagery for his paintings.

Went to the Scentbar @ Plug In, but the Scentgirls were on a break so I just looked around, got a little dizzy in the Chocolatebar, said hello to Kegan and 'poof' I was on my way. Comments? Hmmm, well designed, and I really liked the video images and the breathy woman's voice. If anyone can turn aromatherapy into art, they can. Wasn't their last plug In project a grocery store?

What else?
All the love of course! Nothing beats Winnipeg love, and Winnipegger's are experts in it. I miss it already. I miss everyone already. I started to list everybody, but shit, you know who you are.
And the mighty Brokenhead was magnificent. Congradulations to Joanna Miller, tournament champion, two years running!

Love James

PS Working on the new label storefront design, anyone have the get up and go to get a digital picture of Ms. Reader's design to me?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back my freind. We ve been watching over the place in your absence. How was the labrynth.

J C said...

The labyrinth was a hit! It sounds as though they want another one next year, so many little kids spent hours twirling through its grass walls. Yeehaw!

Anonymous said...

we'll get on the sign image-- me n' jenni were chatting about that just this a.m.

i assured her that, having given yr word, we could count on you to follow through. and of course, you didn't let us down!!!

see you soon in MTL!

D.Macri said...

When do the labrynth pictures come?

J C said...

Pics next week, damn I wish I had a digital camera. I can't promise you good pics though...