Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Artist Wanted

Heyo Selfish Reason HERE!
I'm working on a companion book of peoms to go with one I wrote several years ago. I want some art/pictures/photos for these two!

what to do from nine to five
I used to build world in my mind
everyday before I fell asleep.
I would make my own gods.
I would make my own rules.
then I'd run around in it
like a mouse
in it's wheel.
Till I tired myself out.

I told these dreams
to some friends.They said:
"you should be a fantasy writer"
I couldn't take the criticism:
"fantasy!" Even now
I hate the word.
Dreams come true you see
a fantasy was never meant to be.

Lover
I never fucked anybody
and some people
never made love
others just had sex
one day,
my lover
turned around
and fucked the hell out me
while
I sat there blinking
a deer
in the headlights
on
and
off
the road.

P.S> Sorry if you discovered Bukowski early in your life and are bored to death by this!

1 comment:

Quitmoanez said...

Funny that you should mention that!

I do like them though, now that the original Chinowski cognitive rejection has weared off.

:)

I am stumped in terms of what pictures to would go well with these. I've got a poem that would go great with the first one though!