Thursday, November 17, 2005

Noman's Land


PICT0069_1, originally uploaded by The Stranger.

Im young, Im strong, Im rich.

Im in the NomansLand of joyfull indecision. The crossroads that lead in all directions. Where the future is foggy, indefinite, uncertain and yet time continues to pass. And I continue to have a good time.

there s an APEC summit in Busan south Korea just a couple hours south of here. Big Shite. All the dudes are there. lets see what happens.

I need to book a plane ticket to the future.

One road takes me straight back to Winnipeg to christmas to label to Jose to Anita to Godkings to the destruction of Peg City via the smoky tiger.

the other road takes me to thailand to study thai boxing, the full moon party, ankor wat, cambodia vietnam laos, then on to India meditation. skipping the canadian winter returning for treeplanting in april.

Please advise.

9 comments:

Quitmoanez said...

So many considerations the details of which I do not know. So all I can say is that you'll know.

Otherwise, I have this intuition: travel is important, but then so are relationships.

J C said...

nice tummy, is that a mullet you're sporting?

can't you do both? send goldstar to korea, and have the smoky tiger goto the peg.

J C said...

I think you should head north.

No(r)man means "Northerner"

XP said...

We're studying Johann Fichte in my Great Books class right now and in the preface to his book is this quote - which I think applies.

"I walk about firmly in that part of my world which I am acquainted and at every moment stake my existence and well-being on the validity of my convictions. But - what am I myself and what is my vocation?"

Think about it and I hope it helps.

-Don

D.Macri said...

"If you want to know your future, just look what's in your hand"

-greatful dead

J C said...

Maximo, very interesting....in the same vein is this :

The way to discover proper meaning is not to ask,"What do we mean?", but "What are we trying to mean?" or "What is preventing us from meaning what we are trying to mean?"

Quitmoanez said...

I'd rather just rage the divine light so as to illuminate my path.

J C said...

leaving blindness in your wake my friend, from your sheer brilliance.

CaptainGoldStar said...

and thus the way is lit

thanks again my oldest friends