Monday, April 03, 2006

The Manitoba Arts Militia


During the marches, hundreds of people dressed in green fatigues and green body paint were seen running through the streets of Winnipeg.

Performing good deeds, acts of mimicry and acts of noble mischief, when these men and women were questioned about their behavior during the demonstration, most answered that they felt justified in their actions. "Art reinforcement mam! Top priority mam!", said one arts militia member.

When asked about who was behind the movement, they retorted, "With the Manitoba Arts Militia involuntary membership program now in full affect, if you've heard about the MAM, you've instantly been made a member. So in answer to your question, you're behind it!"

The involuntary general of the MAM, Jeff Funnell, was unable to be reached for comment.

4 comments:

J C said...

It's not hard to picture a bunch of artists following the army men around with green face paint(like the toy soldiers), maybe handing out flowers, striking mimicked poses, helping old ladies across streets.

D.Macri said...

Haha, that's more like it. This is what I had in mind (and not nescessarily actually "marching"). Just the idea of making fun of it if you don't like is good. And I don't suggest (to clarify for Donmaximo -see comment below) to do it ONLY because it's protesting, but instead if it makes you feel uncomfortable. I don't mind saying (and this is what I meant) I don't like it.

cara said...

Love it.

D.Macri said...

I guess I should be honest. It took me a moment to realize, but in my comments below I'm not just saying people should respond to this if they don't like it, I was saying people should respond to it because I dont like it. Sorry about that. It's hard being away sometimes =/.

And I couldn't resist the paper bags on the head comment 'cause I just watched "The Hitchikkers Guide to the Galaxy". Again Sorry.