Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Untitled by C.Zurzolo

Seated on the color purple
in contested terrain
Where untold delights await at inspiring prices.

This all strikes me as funny,
writing about, racism, hegemony and power structures
As I sip the brew of world domination

And in she strolls
my mirror, my image just 20 years from today
with the same stoutness of hips that I see creeping into my reflection.
Shared jokes with men half her age,
Lubricated conversations as she plans
Trips to the cottage after MTC tickets
With all afternoon to walk and talk
I want to ask her if she is happy.

To see the startled expression on her face
As she fields a call from her husband
Checking in

As I check out of my life
On a trip, for a moment
I luxuriate in my own sweat
“Where are you”
“I’m running away from home”

But
He deserves the rest (from the 50 hours of free time in his weekly schedule)
While in his meek confession of this I note
my time
Must be used with such efficiency
That circus music plays as I move
The balls floating in the air
By sheer force of will.

No comments: