Saturday, October 07, 2006

Adultery

The architecture was all wrong
So I seduced my neighbors wife
only to find the reason
she did not go outside.

One minute I was going
to see the rolling stones
the next I found I might
just be going west alone.

In my dreams the cars are serving off the road
and fire men are blasting gunmen on rooftops

I awake to find I'm chained
and a prisoner to my host.
I don't know where I've been
nor where I am going.

Something I have done
has let the terror free
and I awake again, again to find
I was still asleep.

Now it is no dream I'm sure the cars are in their lanes
All is well, I'm not in hell, not yet, not today anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adulteration

The architecture
seduced the reason
outside.

One minute
rolling might
then alone.

The cars
and fire men
are blasting.

Finding
prisoners
where you are going.

Something done
free and
awake.

Dream their lanes
All
anyway.

TheBlueMask said...

the last line is kind of a demented Dr. Seuss