Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Logic of my Broken Form


i am thin Just between you and -
because I had to make do I. some things don't change
with coffee and cigarettes i try to get up everyday
at the all you can eat break- but here I lay in the bed i made.
fast cafe. I can't eat "i" am not done.
the breakfast because just tired for the moment,
i don't have a golden ticket while my stomachs ache
that says "I can". is silenced by the busy sounds
I don't have a ticket of people leaving noisily
that golden says "I - their unfinished plates
can" because I'm not i want to scream:
actually staying at this hotel "no one else is living this way!"
just sleeping in the stairwell. but i choose this path
I am sleeping in the stair- between the floorboards
well because its far too cold ASK ME WHY I DARE YOU
to sleep outside anymore. because I don't have the answer
It's far too cold to sleep out- but here this i create:
side because that's the way because no one dared to report
the world turns. what to Daedalus was said:

"I can't see you" I know.

5 comments:

D.Macri said...

...Why do you dare you?

Quitmoanez said...

Super-structural, cool.

You can read this in many downward directions and it all fits.

Love it.

_Q_ said...

Macro: I dare myself becuase between the floorboards is an uncomfortable space. I have faith that art, my craft, will take me to another place.

Quitmoanez: Structurally I am disatisfied with this one. I want to rearange it so the punctuality, especially the quotations, dont give how to read it but further confond it to a third way.

l-blizzard: I am not familular with kennings. old anglo saxon was definitly a big one for me in university so "yes" you've found one of my influences.

In case you don't know: Daedalus is the father of Icarus.

D.Macri said...

Isn't that the bad guy in the Hercules cartoon?

_Q_ said...

Thats gawd.
Story goes...
one day god was
flying over the waters...
(you know, cruisn')
then he slew the beast leviathan
(you know, just for kicks)
and started his seven day
creation ordeal.

Well,were did the water come from?
and don't quote me anything please.