Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Sunlight Rings on a Winters Snow

Teachers and priests and philosophers
brood over questions of reality and illusion,
I know this: if life is an illusion then I too am an illusion
and thus the illusion is real to me,
I live, I lust, I burn with life, I slay and I am content.
And more than looking the part I feel the part

the awakening of old memories
the resurge of the mad wild glorious days of old
before my feet were set on the imperial path.
When I was a wandering mercenary,

roistering, brawling, adventuring,
with no thought for the morrow
and no desire save sparkling ale, red lips,
and a keen sword to swing
on the battlefield of the world.
Unconsciously I revert to the old ways

a new swagger becomes evident in my bearing
in the way I sit on my horse
half forgotten oaths rise naturally to my lips
and as I rise I humm old songs
that I had roared in chorus
with my reckless companions
in many a tavern
and on many a dusty road
or a bloody field. "
-Robert E. Howard

about this compilation

Image by me: oragami paper on pizza box titled: deadleaves on the dirtyground
Text Robert Howard: conan the barbarians words -source unknown

5 comments:

Quitmoanez said...

Fkn wicked.

TheBlueMask said...

Conan the Barbarian is now putting folks to death by lethal injection.
Neo-Barbarian?

TheBlueMask said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TheBlueMask said...

....and if you can hear a piano fall, you can hear me coming down the hall.....

_Q_ said...

don't poke fun at my sources
blue mask
it makes me point to another
Phish