Sunday, December 25, 2005

My Music of Yule for You

COLD FUSION
(a polyrythmic solstice) -by Jesse e.j. Quesnel

Echoes of yuletide can still be heard this Christmas season. As Santa grins into his expensive beard what are we to surmise about that Carol touching a part of our soul. An answer to thethe question of what music that Pinocchio-Santa-Jesus is dancing to, this answer here I purpose. What do you hear this day if not this? is the question that also here I play.

The song is nearly the same. The layers, the sound has changed. The essentials remain the same. Feasts of hyjol ringed with laughter in the days of old. It is no harvest feast, that time is gone. Why do they dance? What moves them so? What is in that song that echoes in my very ears centuries later this day.Ho,Ho ho, that laughter rings. That echo of Yuletide. The pull of joy.

But we are not there yet. In a different time something else was added to the story. A man was born, or so the story goes. This mans story starts two thousand and five Yuletides ago. Does he change the echo, the tune? And why on this day does Santa preside over his throne?Christmas came and the man who is "to give" has come. Give what? It is the echo of that laughter. What does it say? Why do i dance and place my meagerness into the hands of one who is me -below.

I say this story of a man echoes what this yule we're meant to do. But this stories message often gets confused. Father, son and holy ghost, tell me, tell us all what this day echoes the most? for i hear it. It is loud this day."Dashing through the snow", to the future near you, a stories laughing echo is telling you what to do.

And today at church the collection plate is heavy. But less goes there now and more goes elsewhere. Thousands and tons and more the louder the echo grows. All those letters, all those pleas to the north pole go. And what did YOU get from that fictional home? Why beg today for the echo that comes anyway? What dance am I doing on this Yules puppet strings? What force pulls me to rise from bended knee.

Focus: it's harder to hear the music this day. It's louder than ever before. It is present now this yule in your ears. That echo is something pulling your feet, that echo this day sounds between your ears. Across space and time. The pressure of it. Massive. In my soul it sounds my body to awake, hear it chime in force. defening echo of old. What is it saying? I sing the part of the echo I hear the most. I sing:
"I am a poor boy too...Pa rum papa pum...
I have no gift to bring...pa rum papa pum...
I played my drum for him...I played my best for him..."

And I give this year what I hear. The echo of the years. I have nothing to give: PA RUM PAPA PUM. And so I add to the echo. With this my pen, my art and with them I SCREAM the secret of the echo. I CRY it out as loud as I can. It is breaking me because I cannot do the echoes command. HYJOL! i scream that ancient word "HYJOL" i say listen this yule to the echo that whispers quietly from the stars this eve above.
it whispers: the short days are gone now...the sun is returning...give praise "Laudo"
do not as I, do not these days lament.
I sing the part of the echo I hear the most. I sing:
I am a poor boy too...Pa rum papa pum...
I have no gift to bring...pa rum papa pum
I played my drum for him...
I played my best for him...

And I give this year what I hear. The echo of the years. I have nothing to give PA RUM PAPA PUM. and so I add to the echo. With this my pen, my art and with them I SCREAM the secret of the echo. I CRY it out as loud as I can. It is breaking me because I cannot do the echoes command. HYJOL! i scream that ancient word "HYJOL". i say listen this yule to the echo that whispers quietly from the stars this eve above. it whispers:the short days are gone now.the sun is returning give praise "Laudo" do not as I, do not these days lament.

2 comments:

_Q_ said...

Forgive the Essay. This is my art, my kung-fu, my gift this christmas from south korea to you.

Quitmoanez said...

A story's laughing echo!

Sweet. I'm gonna use that line if that's ok?