Thursday, May 11, 2006

so close to the earth

bodies begin in the rivers fresh shallows
crusted mud footprints tell their tales
they are fierce and awake the river people
they are revolting the death of a distant lake

deep lines cut long across my face
dripin' in the hot afternoon sun
storms brood their distant thoughts
across the horizon void of mountaintops

by the faint shadow of the pale moon
don't speak with me again of death
i've had The Sigil on my door before
and fear not the slow fallling drops of blood

command then the thunder to fall not upon your ears
please end the taste of the ocean in all our tears

4 comments:

Quitmoanez said...

Please let it end.

:)

cara said...

This poem sounds like it was inspired by long days/nights of watching and listening out of doors.Sigh....need more of that and less deprivation of tastes and sounds of the earth.

TheBlueMask said...

I love it, but I don`t know what "The Sigil" is. It sounds cool. Someone please enlighten.....

_Q_ said...

The Sigil has little meaning that I know of. sigils on doorways have been used all over the place. A block parent sign is a more modern version.
My poetry these days is more or less exercise in colloquialisms, balance and imagery. I think I came up some of the images from the view off the maryland bridge. I've been doing a fair bit of walking these days.
I remember something in the news about lake winnipeg dying and I was thinking how cool zombies are (I think about zombies on a regular baisis) and wouldn't it be cool of fishy-lizard-men-zombie creatures came out of the water and terrorized? They(the fish zombies) are eventually going to get mad at the level of plastics in the watercycle and are going to take matters into their own hands. The aliens told me that. They(the aliens) also told me not to tell anyone the seceret sigil to put on your door to ward off the fish-lizard-zombie men. Since it (the Sigil) is a seceret they(the fish zombies) only told them(the aliens) and not me about it. I figure I'm just going to fake something and smear it up a bit to try and fool the fish-zombies. Just like using a little magic marker to fake a stamp to get into a club for free. By the way if your still reading this I should probobly definitly remind you that, with summer commn' in and all, now might be a good time to go ahead and turn off your computer and get outside.