Monday, December 18, 2006

Season's Greetings ALfA

Dear ALfA Bloggers,

Thanks for inviting me to share in your wonderful world of art and words over the past year. I have been privileged to be a contributor to this extremely interesting international project. I always look forward to stopping by and digesting the images, poetry, musings and discussions posted by all you fabulous and creative people. For this reason I am making ALfA the first recipient of my X-mas Card for 2006. I have been doing a card every year for a over decade; most of them, like this one, have been based on the "Batchelor Pad"--a comic strip I first created as an under-motivated second year student at U of W. Anyways, have yourselves a Happy Holiday season!

Sincerely,
The Disclaimer



4 comments:

J C said...

I dig the backgrounds, cool effect.

gumbi-esque.

transcona wal-mart 24 hours until christmas. boooooyaw

J C said...

Funny how those ads above are constantly changing. I especially like the 'who was jesus christ' ad. freaky. don'
t they know that ALfA is non-denominational? (or is art the relgion, or is it a melting pot, or does it embrace all the religions. yes, yes it does) Coincidently, the Label Gallery had a show on religion recently. It was an eclectic bunch of relgion art, there's no doubt about that. And there were highlights and lowlights, that's a certainty. But there were no Santa's present.

Anonymous said...

Lot's of love, to those known and unknown!

:)

Lorne Roberts said...

i like the backgrounds too. very 1950's kinda 3-D.