Thursday, December 21, 2006

Trees of Korea and Cuba









This post is inspired by James' recent tree photos.

I love trees... I consider them as living representations of the time they have passed through on this planet. A visual record of the passage of the seasons, wind and weather, written into the formation of their branches, their character and shape, the texture and colour of their outer surface. They draw up the inert matter embedded in the soil, and bathe in the suns' rays. And when they die, they leave behind one of the most useful products we have ever found in nature - wood.

Hooray for trees!

4 comments:

J C said...

wowo, there are some real beauties. I like the two trees that twist together, so coooool. and the sillouette, yes sir, damn fine.

Lorne Roberts said...

love 'em. great pics.

as someone who spent many summers sleeping among the trees (as a planter), i came to really love them, and would usually speak out loud to the trees around my tent every day. i still do, in fact.

i think carlos castenada taught me that trick.

my fave pic may be the second last one that looks like a path through the trees-- very L.L. Fitzgerald.

cara said...

Horray for trees is right.

I think I like the cuban ones the best, trees and white sand are amazing.

_Q_ said...

For days i watched trees fall

as i marched along
in a suit of many coloured strands

and I'd tie them up along
a purchased legal right of way

For days I watched trees fall

as i marched along
marking thousands more to death

and i think to myself
"what a shame"
that tree coulda been
a telephone pole one day.

-good pics!