Friday, January 26, 2007

DogKings


ShrinersInLittleCars_750x468
Originally uploaded by babajiwotan.
Thanks for coming to the show last night peoples. It seemed to go off pretty well. Actually, I felt the tightness and realness levels reached well-beyond previous expectations. All the peoples came on stage at the end and Joe said I should have kept playing knocking on heaven's door I guess in the moment I was a bit in shock.

I felt a strange combination of discombobulation and hightened awareness at the end there. Maybe because I had fasted, the mind becomes still and empty. Not many desires, clearer vision and hearing and overall sharper perceptions.

This feeling is familiar. Im listening and it seems like I can hear what everyone's thinking. And I heard a lot of strange things? Did I actually hear those things or did I just feel them? The sound of people's thoughts is unnerving because often they are full of darkness. That's why in order to be able to function with this type of perception, you need a good strong jedi-mind shield. Otherwise your ego's going to take a bruising.

One strange thing that I heard was someone calling us the Shriners at the end of the night.

When's the next show?

5 comments:

Lorne Roberts said...

ha! thanks.

i agree (as we all do) that there were a few glitches--not letting "heaven's door" build to soaring heights, for e.g.

BUT, it was, on the whole, quite succesful i feel. there was one pt in the show where knack turned and said to me, as everyone was cheering: "i just want to cheer, too." that's how i felt. it was truly fun, enjoyable, and god-king successful. seeing several of my musical heroes in the crowd bobbing their head to the tunes we were creating was very gratifying.

p.s. for those who don't know, jfunk was recently awarded the prestigious whisky award for "fluffer of the year."

Anonymous said...

I think you need to do live recordings of things like this and broadcast them on the blog for people around the world, like say I don't know...Korea maybe.

cara said...

Shriners? wierd.
I really enjoyed the show. I was sorry to leave so early.

When is your next show?

CaptainGoldStar said...

tentetively,
17th of february at the tower of label
7? of february at the all age perps show at the tower of label

also watch for the Godkings at:
-prairie ink
-eddies garage
-academy coffee house
-bella vista
-the cavern

Id like to make it our mission to play all these places at least once within the next 2 months

Lorne Roberts said...

ha! let's do it!

also watch for special guest appearances from that prairie hit-making machine known as "Cuthbert Grant and the Brown Trout Boys", a side-project involving various GodKings and other good citizens.