Sunday, January 07, 2007

Mac/AlfA convention

So...

an unofficial AlfA convention has taken place, unplanned, over the last 2 days or so.

Sightings were had over the Xmas season, of course-- I saw maximo and jejq, anita, renemaphone, even laid eyes on the elusive skye.

No recent Cara sightings to report.

The events of the last 48 hours began with the recent re-emergence (from shadows) of smokytiger, a.k.a. greywanderer, followed shortly after by the c-doggie himself, art doctor quitmoanez.

Events of this brief re-union involed:

--a convention of Mac G4 powerbooks at my and jenni's place on langside (the bangside, yo)

--beers at the label, with waterman and knackerson leading on guitar, some organ sounds from greywanderer, wolfboy on drums trying to pretend he was animal from the muppet show. At one point, quitmoanez put on a WW II bomber pilot leather helmet, and danced the Sacred Dance of Emination.

--an excursion to the times changed cafe to see righteous ike whose magic guitar makes people go into a trance (because he has found the mystical "lost chord")

--a breakfast at the sal's on esplanade riel, overlooking the partially frozen Red River. louis riel was never far from our thoughts. Attendees to this breakfast included:
--pancoe, known for pottery and fancy american education and general all-around Johnny Canuck coolness
--jenni O, celebrated artist, resplendent as always in her retro chic
--c-dog, the good doctor of art
--knick knackerson, whose merit needs no introduction to those of you who hold to the true way
--Dru, less than one year old and wiser than us all
--plischke, mother of men
--saidman, who looked like a jovial NFL quarterback in his backwards cap
--oh, yes, and myself, wolfboy. I think I'm going to change my name again soon.


That's about it.

C-dog is back to smoggy toronto.

AlfA rules.

12 comments:

TheBlueMask said...

Lucky Courtnage wasn`t in the car, I think that`s who they were looking for.

cara said...

Missed you all at Don's due to glitches on Friday morning grumpy sick Olivia's etc...so sad was looking forward to it.

Hope I'm sighted soon...when's the next read the label?

D. Sky Onosson said...

I would have been around Friday at the gallery, but unfortunately I had to work... KK/JC did give me a call to let me know what was up though, so thanks for that! Maybe I'll have better luck next time.

J C said...

where are all the drawings?

CaptainGoldStar said...

Libya has announced that, in memory of former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein, it will erect a statue of him standing on the gallows. Iraqi officials have arrested two guards who taunted Saddam as he was being hanged.
taken during Saddam's execution has raised hackles across the Sunni Muslim world.

With much of the Arab world up in arms over the hanging of former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein on Saturday, it didn't take long for Libya to jump into the fray. The government in Tripoli announced on Thursday that it was planning to erect a statue of Saddam, depicting him standing on the gallows. He will join a similar monument to the Libyan freedom fighter Omar Mukhtar, a national hero who was executed in 1931 after fighting against the Italian occupation.


"The revolutionary committees have decided to erect a statue of Saddam Hussein standing beside Omar Mukhtar on the gallows," the government said in a press release.

Following Saddam's execution, Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi declared three days of mourning and flags on government buildings were flown at half mast. One day prior to Saddam's death, Gadhafi had said that the former Iraqi leader was a prisoner of war and should be tried by the United States and Britain instead of in an Iraqi court. Saddam was hanged for the massacre of 148 Shiites in the village of Dujail in the 1980s.

smoketiger :how many have died so far since the invasion?

renamaphone said...

gee I figured that friday wasn't happening since I didn't hear anything specific about it (time, place).. whoops. Sorry I missed that. Although I have definitely been caught up in my own world since the pre-new year. We should get together more regularly. And this time I'll come, I swear.

D.Macri said...

Hey what gives? I was in Winnipeg ya know. Dont I get a dash?

-Micromac who stayed in a small apartment for a month making some art and dominating at foosball (or something like that).

Lorne Roberts said...

lol!

i'm not exaggerating when i say that the other night, a few hours after posting this, i woke up at 3 a.m. and thought: "ohmigod i forgot macro!"

renamaphone said...

OMG! I forgot Wolfboy's sour cream!!!

Lorne Roberts said...

hee hee...

D.Macri said...

no worries.

the sour cream on the other hand...

=)

Lorne Roberts said...

that potato ranch omlette still haunts me to this day. it still plagues my dreams.