Sunday, January 14, 2007

Special Request

As you may or may not know, I have a solo show in the chang gallery here in S.Korea in mid-November. I have been thinking very hard what to paint and/or draw for this. When I was in Winnipeg in the first little while (during my "vacation") I reveled in the sight of Winnipeg winter-culture. People all dressed up with scarves tightly wrapped around their heads, Jackets zipped up to the nose, Toques, mittens, and so on. I thought I would like to share this with my friends here as a part of our culture, what makes us the hearty, Winnipeggers we are (well, at least partly). Unfortunately, and I can't believe I'm saying this, the weather was quite mild during my stay, and I didn't get any good photos of people freezing their buts off =). So, I was wondering if anyone could help me with references. I wanted people bundled up at bus stops, shoveling their driveways, or just walking down the street puffing frosty air out of their belaclavas or whatnot (full body shots would be ideal). I know there has been some photos of snow on the blog already, and those pictures were nice, but I'd like some more anonymous images (hence the scarves and neck warmers idea) and somehow depicting the sevre cold (maybe some frosty eyebrows or face-cicles). If you would be so kind as to post an image or two, or email me something expressing permission for me to use it in my art, I would be eternally greatfull (or at least for a good long while).

david_macri@msn.com

3 comments:

D.Macri said...

Actually, I really like that one of Shawna shovelling, can I use it?

=)

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's too cold to take pictures?

TheBlueMask said...

i`m supposed to paint a snowy `peg scene for a co-worker who`s moving back to Ethiopia. He told me that NO literature can prepare an African for our weather.
Even during our heatwaves, he said they are more extreme. We must be built like cockkarochez.