Thursday, January 11, 2007

Winnipeg


scene08Stillthumb
Originally uploaded by babajiwotan.
I am a phantom dreaming a phantom's dream. A girl from the twenties has ectoplasm being extruded from her nipples. I am standing on the frozen river and there are nine ravens and the moon. I am drunk wearing heavy boots. What is this? Where am I? The Monster, the Machine, who Ive spoken with before, is watching me from those raven eyes. Let me die with my eyes open and ectoplasm streaming from my mouth like so much heavenly upchuck. A physical manifestation of my thought mojo. My essence become tangible. Perceivable by all directly without any second-rate, discount ray-band goggles to block out the good shite. Im talking full blown hand to mouth, blow your brain wide open, meeting your maker, life flashing before your eyes kind of Winnipeg Rock & Roll.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes.

Anonymous said...

Yea, this makes me think we need to do an intervention or something.

Anonymous said...

No intervention needed, it's just good to see that the good Captain is secure enough to share such thoughts.

Rage on goldStar, rage on.

_Q_ said...

Mojo Rising.

CaptainGoldStar said...

Thanks Dr. Anonymous, you have a special place in my heart.

Lorne Roberts said...

re: ectoplasm.

used to show up in so-called "spirit" photography, c. 1900-30 or so, in which photos showed people emitting ectoplasm, a fluidy, spirit-filled gaseous substance out of their noses and mouths.

eventually it was shown, of course, to be trick photography, but does that mean it didn't happen anyway?

harry houdini, by the way, participated in seances whenever he was in winnnipeg, at the house of a certain dr. hamilton, a mansion that still stands on henderson hwy.

CaptainGoldStar said...

noses and mouths and apparantly nipples too.
I make ectoplasm when I play guitar real well. Just ask Jose. It's this invisible slime that disapates after a while. One day Ill make it so good that you'll see smoke coming out of my fingers. Then someone will take a picture and then 80 years later everyone will write the whole GodKings phenonmenon off as trick photography. Well Ill tell you this:

tricks are for kids

Ectoplasm is a conceptual substance that exists between thought and matter. When Yogis or jesus perform miracles it is made out of this stuff. Kind of like gelatinous ether.

cara said...

like persimmon flesh?

Lorne Roberts said...

i write this off only b/c i make ectoplasm in broad daylight, walking down the street.

and b/c i see it when i bite into a persimmon.

CaptainGoldStar said...

Did you ever see that movie Donny Darco where the ectoplasm is coming out of everyone's bellies? That was a weird movie.

cara said...

loved that movie.