Saturday, January 20, 2007

The way that can be named is not the nameless way, the myriad creatures see this and know that it is so...

"There is an indefinable mysterious power that prevades everything. I feel it, though I do not see it. It is this unseen power which makes itself felt and yet defies all proof. It is so unlike all that I perceive through my senses, it transcends the senses.

"Even in ordinary affairs we know that people do not know who and how and why God is, and yet they know that there is a power that certainly moves them. That which informs our spirit is God and since nothing else that I see merely through the senses can or will persist, (s)he alone is.

"And this power, I see it as purely benevolent, for I can see that in the midst of death, life persists; in the midst of untruth, truth persists; in the midst of darkness, light persists..."

M.K. Ghandi

(At least I think so, anyway-- I transcribed these words from a une chanson du tigre fume)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Word.

J C said...

I can hear his voice.