Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I got fired from Wonerland!! (On my last day)

I went to the pension office before work (supposed to be my last day) and the person helping me called my boss asking about the oversized deductions. Coco (my boss) was immediately enraged and said I was fired for skipping work (which I didn't do) . Next she said she would revoke my severance pay since I was fired and deduct it from the tax and pension she owed, evict me from my apartment, as well as cancel my flight!. I spent 7 hours at the human rights department where they told me I didn't have enough time left on my Visa to file a case, but were kind enough to call and try to negotiate with my boss. After a bit of the officers coaxing, she said that she would put the money owed in my account tomorrow (which was 2 million Won {$21oocan} after I realized how much she had deducted for taxes) and said that she hasn't canceled the flight ...yet (but still wants to). I will meet with her tomorrow and find out exactly where I stand. If she deposits my money and doesn't cancel my flight I will be very relieved and excited to return to the great white north, no matter how cold it is. If not, my much anticipated (anticipated by me at least) visit to Toronto may be delayed. More on this ridiculousness as it unfolds. =P

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoa. good luck. Canada welcomes you.

Ryan K said...

Maybe she's just mad about Namdaemun Gate? Tragic story. Hope to see you soonish.

D. Sky Onosson said...

Wow! Did she know you were going to the pension office in the first place?? Maybe she was planning on scamming the pension off you all along, and you unknowingly ruined her plan... *sigh* She's only adding to the bad reputation of hogwans in Korea. I hope you're gonna let your replacement know about this!

cara said...

wow, under handed to say the least.

I hope you make it home without delay.

Lorne Roberts said...

oh, man.

that sucks.

too bad that such a mostly good experience had to end so weirdly.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, Cocoteacher is a miserable miserable woman. I always knew she was a beeatch!

Anonymous said...

Does anyone remember the wrestler Coco Beware?

He had a parrot.

What a weird name.

What a weird wrestling dude.

Although George the Animal Steele wasn't any more ludicrous.

He was from Hamilton ON I think, steel town.

Lorne Roberts said...

ha! cool.

yeah, i remember coco B-ware. and the Animal.

i also remember kamala the ugandan headhunter. his manager (who wore a safari suit) had to give him chocolates to stop him from beating on the other "unconcious" wrestler.

cara said...

sadly I do remember all of those wrestlers.
:)

Anonymous said...

My favourite was the baron von rashki and his pattented move "the claw". About 9-10 years ago I saw a televised match at a pony Coral where the baron was the feature wrestler. by then he was so old he had to take little steps in the ring, and with his "claw" outstretched inched toward his opponent, who ran headlong into the gapping clutch and fell unconscious instantly to the applause of the blood thirsty crowd. it was funny to see. Maybe I will try the claw on coco =P

Lorne Roberts said...

ha ha! the claw!

yeah, loved that one.

Anonymous said...

let's not forget maddog vachon or george the animal steele.

greg oakes said...

my thoughts are with you david!