Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Morning Glory


morning_glory, originally uploaded by babajiwotan.

Move over Nutmeg and meet the new psychoactive plant ally in town: Morning Glory. The seeds of many species of morning glory contain ergot alkaloids such as the hallucinogenic ergonovine and ergine. Yesterday we had a big blizzard so I popped down to the local hardware store and picked up some seeds. Emptied the seeds into a blender.

Sure enough...

Gidyup!

Tremendous increase in physical and spiritual production. I ripped myself open a few new muscles unloading on the punching bag, cleansed the lodge and temple, intensified focus work on two new large scale painting works, washed all my laundry, made some new freinds through enlightened debate, improved my space combat ability playing x-box, laboured on the still in progress new Prince Astral album, played with the dog, etc.

side effects were: unwillingness to stop production, inability to slowdown activity, loss of apetite for unhealthy food.

In other news, everyone should download a movie from the internet called zeitgeist. It's free. I highly reccomend that everyone watch it. I would like your opinions about it.

7 comments:

Krahn said...

Just raw seeds? Ground up in a shake. Hmmmmm. Does it taste like anything?

cara said...

I learn so much on the blog...like household items to keep away from young children and such.
:)

I heard about that zeitgeist movie too, someone actually wrote "see the Zeitgeist movie at zeitgeistmovie.com" on a twenty dollar bill I had in my wallet.

Lorne Roberts said...

$20?

can i borrow five bucks for cat food?

Anonymous said...

dude, you really shouldn't be eating cat food....you know there's a soup kitchen on Papineau if you really need a handout... :)

Anonymous said...

Morning Glory was also used in the past to induce labour by stimulating uterine contractions.

Lorne Roberts said...

crazy. morning glory and leeches.

Anonymous said...

Zeitgeist is a must-see. Beautiful drawing. Don't self medicate with seeds from the hardware store! God only knows what they have been doused with.