Friday, February 01, 2008

Upon arrival...


...imagine my surprise to discover everyone spoke French in this city.

Heh. Just kidding.

I'm one hour into Montreal living. My apt is long and skinny, old and quaint in a really neat area (near Barri-UQAM on the map above), and my room needs painting, but i like the place and i like my new roomates. The cats have already begun to adjust--they have a new cat friend here, too, which complicates things a little. I'm expecting the fur to fly at least once.

It's a crazy sleet-blizzard right now, and as of yet I have no idea what Montreal looks like.

I barely slept in the 72 hrs preceding my arrival here--quite literally, I ended up working around the clock, between writing, teaching, and youth sheltering... Not to mention packing and cleaning.

My last 36 hours in Wpg was a coffee-fuelled food and sleep deprivation binge, culminating with a trip to the airport in which I was still packing on my way out the door. I am exhuasted.

I have no phone, but will soon, i expect.


Further dispatches to follow.

p.s. URGENT UPDATE: No sightings of Leonard Cohen to report as of yet.

6 comments:

cara said...

glad to hear you're safe and sound.
I just knew the Roberts family would pull through somehow.

Anonymous said...

Awww, no Lorne in the peg, I just missed ya. I will be in Toronto mid Feb if you are planning to visit or anything like that.

PS. I noticed a typo:
"and my room needs painting" is supposed to be "and my room needs paintings", right?
=P

Lorne Roberts said...

ha! it does need paintings, yep.

dan will be here in mid Feb. we should try to co-ordinate a visit. i'd love to see you cats in TO, or out here.

and yes, the roberts fam pulled through. trixie and frances handled airplane travel surprisingly well.

Anonymous said...

cool, you made it, the fun begins. I smell a bio-geographical art project coming...



hey, what happened to the giotto?

If you're looking for Cohen try Rue Marie-Anne in the plateau.

Lorne Roberts said...

the giotto is currently hanging at cara's place. i have plans to re-claim it as soon as possible.

the new place i'm in has lots of jesus art, but none quite so impressive as that one.

Krahn said...

You and D-dog should come to TO. We can parade like men.