Friday, March 07, 2008

Perhaps I should mention....

Perhaps I should mention that I wrote this at school a couple days ago, when I was thinking about a dream I had that night.
E

Eyes tuned up the road
Past the sunset
Where the shadows stretch far down the road
“Hey little bunny what did you do?
She keeps crying looking up
At just the sun, me and you”

Maybe it’s just a flaw in my mind
As she spins out of control
Drunk at the wheel

The piggy’s bone dipped in blood
Scratched across the wall
To make her devil do her chores
And you’re writhing at the floor
At the mercy of more
What were you expecting
the boogie man to do
When you open the closet door?

Now you and her share a crib
With the devil staring at the fresh skin
Placed precisely on your head
And you wonder why the corpse
Screaming at you from under your bed
Never gets old
Always gleaming a fresh red

Get back in the car
And wipe that rabbit smile
Right off your face

It’s time for you crash the same car
Going everywhere on Empty
Trying to find that place to sleep
But you just come back to your guilty highway
As she lays on the pavement
And you keep asking
“Hey little bunny what did you do?
She keeps crying looking up
At just the sun, me and you”

2 comments:

TheBlueMask said...

Does this have anything to do with you starting drivers ed. next week?

Anonymous said...

Nice rhythm.