Monday, March 31, 2008

so...

... the blog is in need of some shaking up anyway, in my opinion.

But, I mean, krikey... is it almost done? Has it run its course? Is it time to PUBLISH OR PERISH?

Anyway... last month, Disclaimer posted some comments re a letter someone had written to the FP about the subconscious city show at the WAG. I made some comments about the letter writer, who had emailed me back in the day when I was a big-time newspaper hotshot.

The comments I made here were fairly childish and unprofessional. I felt bad about them at the time. Now, I see that he's seen the comments, realized instantly who I was, and was kind of choked about it.

So, I sent him an email... but now I'm apologizing publicly.

But, uh, on another note... is the blog finished? Is this the last post?

7 comments:

TheBlueMask said...

How has it changed? Are you feeling disconnected with your new locale? What what you do to shake it up? I think Cara's poetry assignment was neat. Actually, I like reading all the poetry, and the art posts, and the pics....All is well to me. But if a plug must be pulled, take a vote! I recently went through some old randoms on the blog, it's pretty interesting, but not much different from now.

The letter writer will be okay. I try not to say anything I don't really standy by on the net, but sometimes emotion is a tough beast to tangle with. If he can't understand that....

D. Sky Onosson said...

Seems to be doing fine for me too.

I guess it all comes down to what you expect from a blog, what you want it to be.

I expect ... nothing from this blog. And I'm always impressed with how wonderfully it exceeds my expectations!



Word verification: mmudlnj
Just keep on muddlnj along.

Lorne Roberts said...

for schizz. for schizz.

i don't really think the blog is dead (knackerson's wonderful headstone notwithstanding), but maybe it's time for some shake-ups, yeah.

it seems, as you said, that it's just sort of the same thing as it was long ago.

maybe it just needs to evolve somehow?

Anonymous said...

Maybe we need something new if what we've always been doing is getting old. How about doing a similar thing as the poetry assignment. Something to shake it up a little except this time with photography. That would be a little more respectable then if someone just started saying really lewd things under an anonymous identity just to shake it up...not that I was thinking of doing that. heehee

D. Sky Onosson said...

In all honesty, if there is a problem here, I think it may be just that this is a blog, with all the inherent limitations common to all blogs, i.e. individual posts and commenting are really all you can do.

Blogs are so web 1.0!

Anonymous said...

myspace, blogs, facebook, email, websites, podcasts, what's next?

TheBlueMask said...

dream recording via holograms!