Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Attempting Songs

This is a song that I wrote last night. It's an easy [Am], [C], [G], [Am] strummed slow with [F], [Am], [G], [Am] at the (2X) part (which is repeated twice, i.e. the 2X). Kinda lonely and sad sounding.

The Fall

The night has grown long to reap,
my body of all it’s gentle sleep,
the days have come to pass into us all.

I carved my name in my own right knee,
to pour out all my guilt and need,
a toll for the hurt I inflicted on you all.

My mind is cut like a jagged vein,
and I fill my heart with a selfish pain,
a soul that’s burnt and blackened to the core.

The sun sets fast on a broken reed,
that bent and cracked by a muddy creek,
to drown in the current lonely and alone.

(X2)
I know at times that it might seem,
I’m in search of your heart, hand and pity.
But I know now that forgiveness is just a dream.

The night has grown long to reap,
my tears for the friends I couldn’t keep,
I’ll never reach the end of this fall.

I’ll never reach the end of this fall.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's is no try...only do.

Attempting is doing! I'd say this is more than an attempt.

TheBlueMask said...

I took a couple stabs at it. This could be a new challenge! Lyrics and chords, now do your own interp!

cara said...

so beautiful and melancholy, but with resolve.

I hope we get to hear it.

yes, that would be an amazing collaborative challenge.
match writers and musicians and have them work on something without necessarily collaboarting in person?

although it might take some organizing.
maybe the grand administrators could do the match ups?

cara said...

oops, I misunderstood that this already had music written, so scratch my suggestion above.

i still hope we can hear it sometime.