Sunday, July 30, 2006

American Parties


Glyph, originally uploaded by The Stranger.

Wow, last night I went to my first American party. Show up at this huge mansion really late at night, go in there and Im the weird canadian loner but am dressed spiffy in american style miami vice jeans and addidas. The guy who's party it is comes up and what'll-ya-know he just got back from a thailand trip to the same places I was. And what'll-ya-know he also loves blues driven rock and roll. So He takes me into this other room and what'll-ya-know there's the greatest music set up there Ive ever seen, 50 amps pas guitars drums some dude with a magic sampling hip-hop device, one guy scratching records. So after praising Odin a bit I plug in and fricking let-er rip & what-have-you. After I peeled everyone's face off with some McFaren's don't worry be happy with heavily distortion and screaming rasp voice I preceded to go into the standard never-ending song of classic hits from the Montreal Subway Classics. Overall pretty good show especially for being stone-fricking-sobre. The only thing I regret is not quitting while Im ahead. And let this be a lesson to us all: when face peeling before a virgin crowd, after popping the cherry- QUIT. Just put down the weapon and back away from the car. Make them ask you to play again and then refuse humbly bashfully saying that everyone should get a chance. This is the way of the peacefull warrior.

(instead I got a little overzealous and just kept rocking the house until everyone left)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Integral lesson indeed.

TheBlueMask said...

I had a manager years ago who told me "Always leave them wanting more"

Stan Dangerman said...

Ladies and Pentalman, Captin Goldstar's performs his "Human Jukebox!"

Anonymous said...

maybe your music sucks ...