Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Nymph and the Satyr

I met a magical girl
on a dancing ground
under a star-scattered prairie sky.

She looked at me
with lust in her eyes
from then on we moved together.

Lost in Los de Abajo
we spun ourselves all around
became intoxicated with desire.

She was a complete awakening
young, sexy, smart
full of wild abandon.

There was nothing to do
but give in to Dionysius
feel the festival vibrate through each other.

I smelled her for days
heard her voice in the trees
there will always be Clareo.

4 comments:

D. Sky Onosson said...

Sometimes I think you are one of the most together people I know.

CaptainGoldStar said...

Whoa, that perfectly encapsulates my folk fest 93'. I was drunk off rum and wearing a top hat and a fairy came out of the woods and just looked me in the eye and took me by the hand and that was that. I can't over emphasize the fact that Im not exxagerating about her being a fairy or about that being that.

Truly there are times and places where and when the gates open. And the other kinds come through we mingle and fornicate. Them taking our seeds back with them to the faerie lands.

this is all true.

Quitmoanez said...

Of course it's true.

All of it is magic and dream, or as per a great songwriter: matter and ghost.

And I like the directness of this poem, and am particularly taken by the idea of hearing her voice in the trees.

Lorne Roberts said...

i also got pretty lost during los de abajo-- all my friends vanished and suddenly, there i was, jammed in with several hundred strangers and a crazy bunch of musicians screaming at us to dance. so we did.