Tuesday, July 11, 2006

More Folk Fest Photos



Well, finally recovering from the week of festival-going. I was actually working with the backline company, so we were going from Wednesday until yesterday (Monday) loading equipment - close to 60 hours just for myself. Unfortunately, not too much time to see anything except the mainstage, although we could hear a lot from there, depending on the direction of the wind. I've got a collection of photos uploaded here (I didn't take too many shots all weekend). One of the highlights for me was Terrance Simien and the Zydeco Experience - great music and atmosphere. Bruce Cockburn was also great. Here's a few of the better shots I managed to get:





4 comments:

Lorne Roberts said...

great shots.

i agree-- the zydeco experience was one of the highlights for me. when they sang that song "louisiana, louisiana, they try to wash us away..." i got goose bumps and a lump in my throat.

and bruce? i'm in that crowd shot somewhere, b/c i moved right up to the front for him. very understated and yet powerful. if i had a rocket launcher i'd put him in charge of it.

D. Sky Onosson said...

I actually have a video of half of that Louisiana song, as I pulled out my camera halfway through, during the accordion solo section. I'll try and post a link to it on my blog.

D.Macri said...

...and now Sky's blog is all linked up.

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»