Monday, September 18, 2006

certainty


PICT0112
Originally uploaded by babajiwotan.
How gnarly. The Dalai Lama is coming to Woodstock just forty five minutes away this thursday! Funny that six months ago I was on the oposite side of the planet waiting to see him but for some reason he never showed then.

Apparently this kid called the Karmapa who's also really holy, one of those characters that have been reborn countless times in the same religious role, has built this massive bhudist temple in Woodstock and His Holiness is going to drop by for a visit and drink some wild turkey and shoot the shite.

Ill try to take some pictures.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun!

J C said...

That's ironic and exciting, all in the same breath.

I love how your writing is full of contradictions and that you're never afraid to blatently borrow or steal from other writers and philosophers. Brave, almost like Don Quixote.

And that's a beautiful flower, what kind is it. I like that shot of the lily that you have on your flickr. I swear we took the same flower photographs recently. When I was in BC I took a whole bunch, a lot of which are the same flowers. Connectivity.

Sometimes I feel like when people write in absolutes (like is and is not), they appear as ignorant. I think the difference with your writing is that you harmonize a number of these voices at once, creating one voice. Some of these voices are opposing. Some buttress each other. Love it.

I think also that this type of writing that you do has gotten a lot better than say the writing you were doing a year ago. It's more unified.

If you don't mind me saying. Always a pleasure dude.

XP said...

The guy who did my big shoulder tattoo has met the Dalai Lama twice. Apparently the meeting was instigated by him teaching the monks how to properly sanatized needles for tattooing!

Anonymous said...

Even at the LABEL gallery?

Anonymous said...

label=babel