Thursday, September 28, 2006

"Uh oh, here come the red-necks"
Posted by Picasa


Letter from my mom...
Hi David,
I am so upset. I went to a Charleswood meeting last night where a group of about 20 residents want to kill(cull/harvest) the deer here. I was quite appalled and spoke up. I was then called a bunny hugger and a tree hugger. There were only three of us bunny huggers at the meeting. I have contacted the wildlife federation but no reply yet. Why are people so selfish, they're worried about their gardens. Don't know if I can stop this but will sure give it a try.
They believe the deer are overpopulated but I disagree.Will have to find some evidence now.
I know I shouldn't take on these things that stress me out, but if we all felt that way no one would ever speak up.
Hope all is well with you.
Love,
Mom
deer hugger
A friend of mine said Well, I'd rather be a tree hugger than a bitch.

5 comments:

D.Macri said...

i thought this was relevant to our 'letters to the editor' debate.

D.Macri said...

..also if you remember James video from a while back, hugging deer isn't a great idea.

word verification:
fingnax


F'ing Nacks? lol

cara said...

Love this letter.

Quitmoanez said...

You're mom sounds awesome!

Good for her.

Lorne Roberts said...

yikes. what a weird and crazy world we live in that it becomes an insult to call someone an "environmentalist" (or tree hugger or whatever). as if caring about the living earth is something to be ashamed of.