Sunday, September 10, 2006

Zoo Folk Fringe Fest Murder Dream

This is a pretty decent summary of a very vivid dream I had after folk fest, the experience (the real Folk Fest)was such that folk fest has been a recurring theme for 80% of my vivid dreams.

Steve's Zoo / Fringe / Folk Fest dream

Took place alternately at the Zoo, Folk Fest campground and a hotel of some kind, randomly switching back n forth in time (day/night).

The dream involved running from the police, after killing someone (but I don't recall if I dreamt the killing part, I just knew within the dream I'd killed someone). I had watched some of Party Monster, the part where the guy gets away with murder for a while, so that might have been an influence. In any case, I was running from the law and it was important not to get caught.

There was a huge orchestrated role-playing game with fake guns that took place at night in a folk festy environment (the part where you cross the road to get to the camp ground). It was like hide and go seek but with some guns and there was something more to it (teams?).

Much of the dream consisted of being chased by the Police and my friend Riley was my running mate for most of the dream. We always ended up running into this fancy Hotel that came out of nowhere (I recall it near all the food vendors at Folk Fest) and we'd always run into the lobby elevators with the Police just a few steps behind us, and the elevator door closing very dramatically just in the nic of time (this happened two or three times). The last part of the dream we had been caught and told them we needed to get something and ran to the elevator but the door jammed and there was this old timey elevator attendant who said “It’s jammed, that thing ‘aint going knowere!” and riley tried pulling floorboards up for some reason but instead we just ran out the front doors to get lost in the crowd. I was sure we'd get caught instantly but somehow we made it to the city and the next day.

I remember crossing Portage near Main being amazed and appalled that I got away with murder.

1 comment:

Lorne Roberts said...

for a short while, i kept a dream journal. it was amazing to look back on it years later and see how my brain was inventing these brilliantly creative ways of dealing with problems, stress, etc. interesting to see how much my dreams related to everything i was going through in my life at that point.

now if only i could get my waking brain to work so well!