Monday, March 19, 2007

The Brain and all its weird mystery


I know everyone's had this experience at one time or another, but...

Last night I was trying to remember a Bob Dylan song I used to listen to all the time-- I could remember its context, as in when and where I used to listen to/play it, and with who, but couldn't for the life of me remember a single word, note, anything...

This a.m., I woke up and opened my eyes, and immediately "heard" inside my head the first notes of the song and the words followed. So while I slept, my brain did the work for me, and when I woke up, provided the answer I hadn't even been looking for.

Also, this is post # 2607. At one time, my PB ("personal best", as in most trees planted in a day of planting) was 2600-- actually, that held up for a few years until I finally cracked 3000 a few times, including my second last day ever. My joints and lower back are still unhappy about all that.

6 comments:

Krahn said...

Remember how I still planted 40 or so more than you? Awesome. It's not a competotion though. As you were.

Krahn said...

PS: I thought this was a Nij post. You, Wolfboy, are vastly better than I could ever hope to be. Respec'

Lorne Roberts said...

yeah. respect DUE.

check yrself before you wreck yrself is all i got to say.

Lorne Roberts said...

p.s. i hear you got some kind of school presentation?! rock the casbah, man!

renamaphone said...

yeah, the old "sleep on it" thing is true. And sleeping before exams and such. ALWAYS a good idea.

Ted said...

Fermentation...

hmmm...it won't let me leave a comment...bugger blogger...

I forgot my password...

perhaps I will wait until morning.