Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Pain


PICT0106, originally uploaded by babajiwotan.

Ow, I got 4 wisdom teeth pulled today. Adding tylonol 3 to my arsenal of painkillers. The sound of the drill, the acrid smell of my teeth and teeth dust blood on the dentist's mask. The dentist leaning into my face, getting leverage with his sharp device. long needles in my mouth. lond needle in my knee, draining my blood. stitches inside me. Pain. Lonelyness. Inability to walk. Inability to talk. Falling in the snow. Awake at night. Asleep during the day. Not enough sunlight. Running out of money. Year of the Fire Boar. March 2007. War. Empty sockets.

7 comments:

XP said...

I'll share a little story I shared with Andrew the other night but in more detail:
When I got my wisdom teeth out I was put right under, it was at that hospital near UofM. When I came to I was so drugged I started coming-on to the doctor and thinking to myself "Wow, she has beautiful eyes...it's not weird to tell her she has beutiful eyes." It was weird.
When I got home I couldn't eat - so for 3 days I just had soup and drank. Every morning I'd wake up with my mouth full of blood and have to lean over the bed and let it drain from my mouth into the garbage. On the third day, when I could finally open my mouth (which had now spent 3 days full of food and blood without being cleaned) did my breath ever smell - holy crap!

Quitmoanez said...

Pain is good, it helps ground you, it helps you realise you are vital.

Great picture too.

Lorne Roberts said...

pain may be good, but too much pain, for too long, is not good at all.

Lorne Roberts said...

ha! that's a funny story, DonM. i wonder if tha dentist was a mutual acquaintence of c-dog and i. she likes the drugs (calls it "dream dentistry") and has beautiful eyes.

i'm sure you must have been very attractive, blood leaking out of your swollen mouth, slurring yr words, etc.

D. Sky Onosson said...

I got my first two wisdom teeth out when I was about 18 right before heading out on a weekend camping trip. Baaaad idea. I didn't eat a thing the whole time, plus it was rainy and cold.

Anonymous said...

Stay strong rebel hero.

Lorne Roberts said...

for the war has just begun...

and the war will be long...

rebel hero.