Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sunday Morning


he sat down
and bit a cracker
he let the crumbs
rain on his lap
in the darkness of the living room floor
he played a record
rye in his glass
and he drifted in to
the vinyl set mood
while the ceiling fan
dragged smoke from his face
he pulled a clump of loose sitting
hair from his scalp
and dropped it in
the loaded ashtray
he inhaled
blew out the candle
he let the wax
spill on his hands
in the darkness of the living room floor
he pictured life as a photograph
and he drifted out of the vinyl set mood
while the ceiling fan annoyed him again
and he turned to his
sleeping beauty
and to her this is what he said
"That scum-sucking sun will be here anytime.
Draining me of my life-giving night.
When I was a boy, everything was alright.
But now the morning, brings tears to my eyes."
(Saturday morning, Friday night blues.
I`m just a fool, watching cartoons).

3 comments:

greg oakes said...

too f**king deep!! my head just exploding thank you very much. :p

*sigh*

seriously, that was some heavy shit. that image is way intense as well! nice work!

cara said...

wow
intense.

Lorne Roberts said...

i like the tie-in between the two pieces. very nice.