Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Winnie The Sad Cyclops


this is just an odd observation i had one day that i'd like to share with you. i hope you get a chuckle out of it? so i was staring at the city of winnipeg logo back in 2003, trying to incorporate it into a gig poster i was working on. because my brain is wired for imagining strange things all i could see was a sad lookin' cyclops monster, specifically 'mike wazowski' from the disney/pixar film 'monsters inc.' lol... i can't help but laugh every time i see it now, on tv or around town. by the way, does anyone know who the designer was? i may even know them to tell you the truth. i'm in no way looking for trouble, i was simpy having fun! so anyhow, this is a hint of what i was yappin'bout. enjoy! :p ~go~

8 comments:

Stan Dangerman said...

this made me chuckle

I once talked to a guy who hated mayor glen for paying big money to draw a happy face for the city of winnipeg. i don't think the design was local.

Anonymous said...

Was spirited energy local?

Was it a Buffalo or something?

Stan Dangerman said...

It was an outside study from a team from new york. I guess that was the best they came up with.

Spirited Energy doesn't discribe minus 40

Ted said...

To me…it looks like a Viking helmet with a huge bugger and polychrome jewel...

it doesn't look like a sad Cyclops to me… I can see it yah…but it doesn’t over ride my view…

Have you ever had someone tell you that they see something in your work? And then, find yourself unable to see anything else? Anyway…Point….is that even after your saying “Sad Cyclops”…I’m not jolted into seeing it…

Good one though…you should cheer up…hehe…are you projecting?

Anonymous said...

GO, the sorrowful but glorious cyclops!

You're the best dude, sad or otherwise.

greg oakes said...

no matter how many little white pills i take, i still have my bad days. *sigh* lol...

i think i'm gonna go put in the *monsters inc* dvd and have a relaxing couple of hours with my daughters.

...
"Thus, although horned helmets are in popular culture often associated with Vikings, there is no evidence that Viking Age Scandinavians have ever worn them. The attribution probably arose in 19th century Swedish Romanticism."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horned_helmet

TheBlueMask said...

my brain must be wired with dirty electricity. I see worm`s eye view of a guy not wearing any pants!

greg oakes said...

ew... you're a bleepin' pervert!! ;) lol...