Thursday, November 08, 2007

Every one of them

They will all dominate you
she said
clasping down with her
knees
making me wish
she loved me

I actually wished
for all
of them to love
me and some did

and I was cruel
and I was vicious
and I attacked them
all with logic

I could get out of anything
and there was no pretence
to the truth:

I was guilty

not of sexual relations
but of emotional ones

and I thought of all of them
every single one of them

from first year
to those that I
can't even remember
their names
to the ones that
left indelible marks

I thought of every one of them

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you dirty birdie!

cara said...

this one is stripped to the bone.
NICE.

acceptance is the key.

Lorne Roberts said...

heh. no doubt. this is great, esp/partly b/c i know the story that motivated its writing.

bare yr soul. the only good poem is an honest one. (actually, that's not true, but honesty seldom hurts...!)

not 100% sold on the ending, though.

cara said...

you're such a writer wolfboy.
sheesh
:)

but since we're peer conferencing here why not try

"I thought of every one"

Lorne Roberts said...

p.s. someone been reading bukowski?

:)