Wednesday, November 21, 2007

An Ode to Elron S. Berrot & Friends

He's keeping it raw and spilling his words all over these days. But it wasn't he who showed me the boundary lines and watched me step over them, nor was it his laughter that I cannot and will not resist. No.

It's about the few and the many.

It's about how he has toughened from the blows, and although bitter, they are turning him hard like stone, but have also taught him to respect what he has learned and stolen and been given.

Her comparisons taught me something today, that eagerness to share can help ideas to grow, and the joy people share when something is anticipated together is magnificent and enjoyed way way way more when completed. Sometimes these gifts can only appear when you are ready for them. And today, the day after yesterday where the slow cooker's heavy glass lid hit me three times before hitting the floor and after an excrutiating experience at the dentist which felt sooooo good, today I was ready for the gifts, to just listen to my mind on a long drive, to forget her a little, and then to listen listen listen.

And then he was singing about the things that I did as a kid and I was tearful and he was so honest and he was preaching and spiritual and I was caught. And then it was gone, that feeling.

And look at that! There's my cue, her cry. Goodnight bloggers.

4 comments:

cara said...

night James,
kiss her for all of us.

Quitmoanez said...

Your the best dude.

Lorne Roberts said...

ha. nice. supercool.

Lorne Roberts said...

elron s. berrot. heh.