Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Seceret to Dry Eyes

"It's strange… little one, down there,
when all the world is crying,
how dare you sit and stare?"

Well sir I'm sorry sir,
But I've just been down below,
and I will start my crying
when I'm as high as I can go.

"But all is lost,
or have you forgot, the world is ending,
this is the top!"

I'm sorry once again, kind sir,
to find fault, in your measuring,
but I have seen a higher place
and will cry, at the beginning.

"Damn you little thing, look at everything,
your losing, and your lost
to have it all again the cost
is more than you can bear!"

I'm sorry to interrupt sir,
but I never bought anything,
for nothing
is for sale to me

"You little shit!
You stay down there!
I was going to help you up
but now your really
down on your luck!"

Your right there sir,
I need help up, but…
I think I'll wait right here

I've got a friend below, below,
a place I have yet to go
and soon I will see him
and see him whole

Then further
above below
the pegasus will take me.

2 comments:

XP said...

Nicely done. I think you could refine the line breaks a little. I love this style though - it suits you quite well Jake.

_Q_ said...

Thanks bro, I made another compilation of poetry in answer to "memory". It's massive and has a bunch of stuff like this. It needs major editing. I don't know if it's worth another revision.

This one refers to that crazy dream Damon had last year about the pegasus.